6.22.2006

Little Ward Art: Blue Head/Hand

Ward Thursday: Blue Head/Hand

I've got a stack of old drawings my mom saved when I was a kid, so I thought I'd post them separately from Ava Thursday. (AT will be back next week, by the way.) See a previous drawing I did when I was 3 here.

On the back of this interesting little production, my mom wrote: Ward age 4 - 4/73.

It was fingerpainting day in class that day, I guess. Or rather, "stick your hand in a tub of blue tempera paint and see what happens" day. I like the additions of earrings or some sort of jewlery that adorn each finger/dread.

Dig the green tie with the purple and red outfit. Man, this little character had style!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Ward,
    Great your Mom kept your drawings for you all those years! I've only got 2 or 3 drawings from my younger years :o(

    I really like the vintage stuff you put on your blog!

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You da man! It's clear to see you had a great eye even at an early age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. please, PLEASE-- how am I just now seeing this? this is so you. I love it.

    miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great character.

    On a recent visit to my parents, I was discussing with one of my siblings that i wanted to retrieve the box of my early works, but was reminded that it would involve visiting the back hall closet, or what we called the black hole closet, which is so packed with stuff, it would take a bomb squad and a team of archeologists to attempt retrieving anything from in there. Maybe another trip.

    I did find a bunch of comic book covers I drew around 4th grade which I've started posting. Some of the characters, I actually ended up using in professionally published comics as an adult. If only I could go back and tell my 10 year old self this would happen.

    Your blue hand headed man would make a great cartoon or children's book character.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I can't wait until Josiah starts drawing for real *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ward, I think you should "stick your hand in a tub of blue tempera" again so we can see how Big Ward's hand man compares to Little Ward's!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete